Your shopping cart is empty!
· Moulds are microscopic fungi. Mould can be found almost anywhere and can grow on virtually any organic substance as long as moisture and oxygen are present. Moulds can grow on wood, paper, carpet, foods, and insulation. Moisture encourages mould growth.
· People who are allergic to mould or whose asthma is triggered by mould usually react to the spores, the reproductive bodies for moulds. The process by which these spores are released into the air becomes intensified when mouldy material is damaged or disturbed.
· Sometimes mould can produce a toxic substance called mycotoxins, which also can cause illness in sensitive populations, especially those with substantial exposures, such as agricultural workers.
· It is impossible to eliminate all mould and mould spores in the indoor environment. Many types of moulds exist and they all have the potential to cause health effects.
· Moulds produce allergens that can trigger allergic reactions or asthma attacks.
· The range of symptoms of overexposure to mould include cough, congestion, runny nose, eye irritation, and asthma symptoms. As is true of all environmentally-related illnesses, the sensitivity and vulnerability of the person will dictate the level of response to any given exposure.
· One of the serious negative effects of encountering a mould problem is that it can damage the structural condition of your entire house. Since moulds eat woods and drywall, they might bring structural damage.
· Stachybotrys fungus is particularly important because it is one of a series of fungi that produces trichothecenes mycotoxins; these mycotoxins are biologically active and can produce a variety of physiological and pathologic changes in humans and animals, including modulation of inflammation and altered alveolar surfactant phospholipid concentrations.
· Here you can choose from several easy-to-use mould testing kits. Each kit includes full laboratory analysis by a qualified mycologist. A written report is also prepared for your use. The great thing about our kits is that they are easy to use. Just follow the step-by-step instructions. No special skills are required, and each step is safe.